Saturday, July 14, 2012

Music: The future

I listen to a lot of music, I mean not nearly as much as I listen to podcasts, but still I love music. The other day I was thinking about some of my favorite CD's and how much I am looking forward to the next ones. I am creating a list of my favorite music and what I would love to hear from their followup release.



Mumford and Sons: Sigh No More - This CD is magical. I dont know what it is exactly but there something so beautiful about this band and their music. It sounds great, its different, and the lyrics are beautiful. As much as I love this CD from beginning to end I cant wait to see what they come up with next. I dont know how much I want them to change, I guess I want a little more of the same with maybe the addition of a piano or a lute or something crazy like that. With all that being said I love this CD and I cant wait for the next one.

Black Star - I dont listen to hip hop as much as I use to, but there is still special spot on my iphone for them. This combines the rapping skills of Mos Def and Talib Kweli. This collaboration creates a beautiful combination of hip hop. Plus this was one of my first re-introductions to hip-hop after a good long stretch of nothing but indie and alternative. Mos Def has more or less been out of the game for a couple months too, so I would love to see what they can do together again.



Young the Giant - The first time I heard this CD I was not feeling it. I dont know why but it just didnt capture me. I saw them in concert and gave it another go, now its one of the first CD's I grab when I am listening to music. I love this CD from start to finish and the songs are fun to listen too. I dont know what I expect from their next CD. I would like a little more coming from them, but they have a slightly unique sound that I would hate to lose if they tried to go to far one way or another. A slight change would be nice, but not too much. Ooh maybe a girl backup singer on a couple tracks would be a nice touch.

Ok right here I want to take a quick pause before to say that I love good alternative/indie music, but I am only human and I am not without my faults. The next two bands I am going to list are somewhat embarassing, but they must be stated. One can possibly be summed up as one of my favorite bands if only based on the number of plays the CD has received. And one is super old but I have a new found respect for him and see huge potential. So judge if you must, but I think these two picks will be interesting.

LMFAO: Sorry for Party Rocking - I will be first to admit that I am way too old to listen to this CD, and I know for all intents and purposes I should not to want to listen to this CD. Although when any song from the album comes on from these guys I freak out and start dancing. Now I dont know if Dubstep will even be around by the time the next CD comes out, but I hope they get at least one more release before the fad leaves. This CD is so much fun and every song from beginning to end. The band is absolutely ridiculous, but is fun as hell.


Justin Timberlake: Justified - So when I was a teenager I hated everything about this guy. I don't know if it was jealously or what, but I couldn't stand him. As the years have gone by he has stood out as a great actor, a great skit actor, and just a cool guy. I will also say that I do not love admitting this, but I did actually love this CD. Now I dont want to hear him come out with another dance/pop album. I know his true secret, he is a super talented musician. He can play the piano, guitar, and sing well. His next album should be something along the alternative lines. Imagine something like Jason Mraz combined with train or something like that. A pop alternative. This would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment