Saturday, June 30, 2012

Jeff who Lives at home: Review

 Jeff who lives at home

Synopsis: Dispatched from his basement room on an errand for his mother, slacker Jeff might discover his destiny (finally) when he spends the day with his brother as he tracks his possibly adulterous wife

This quirky indie film stars Jason Segal and Ed Helms. The story is very simple and follows a lot of the same tropes as most indie films, but like all movies in this genre there is always something special about the characters and how they interact. Like a Guy Ritchie movie there are multiple stories that all flow into one stories at the end. The movie is magical.






 First I must state that I love both of these guys in almost everything I watch. Jason Segal is always funny and does mostly great movies. He is a very quiet low key kind of funny. And Ed Helms has come down this indie road before with Cedar Rapids, that movie was really funny and this character isnt too far off, but it has a slight difference to it. Plus the side characters were pretty amazing. Susan Sarandon and Judy Greer both round out a perfect cast.


This movie is pretty magical. I dont want to give anything away, but it has some really funny moments and still had the ability to make me cry in the end. Its a movie about relationships and there was one that I wasnt sure how I felt about it, it was a little obvious, but in  the end I didnt mind it. The main goal of this movie is to bring together a family that has grown apart. 

I really did love this movie. I mean I dont know if I will go out and buy it or watch it over and over, but it was pretty great. The pacing was good, the actors were great, the story worked perfectly. If I were to bring up one negative I would say that at the beginning of the film especially they did this weird quick zoom... a lot. For me it was distracting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment