Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mass Effect 2: Review

I know what you are thinking, what a current game. Well I always wanted to play Mass Effect and in fact I played part of the first one on Xbox when I had my old 40gig rig without HDMI. So I have been waiting for a Xbox 360 slim before I took another swing at it. And then one of my buddies told me number 1 was only ok and to skip it, so I found number 2 for $20.00 and decided to play through the game. After spending close to 50 hours playing the game and finally beating it I decided to do a quick post on it. Enjoy you lucky devils you.

To be honest I have never really been much of an RPG person before, don't get me wrong I have always wanted to and I have made many valiant efforts, I just could never stay in the game, but this is different, this is an action RPG. Oh and something else you may want to know about me is that in this last year my favorite game style has become the action/adventure game (Infamous 1, 2 and festival of blood, Assassins Creed, Batman). So this seemed right up my alley.



A couple hours into the game and I was sold. i was loving the game play I was digging the story it all felt very right. I was a little nervous about not playing the first game, but they have a little interactive comic that helps you fill in the blanks. The game was feeling perfect, and then I got about 20 hours in, one thing about the game started to bother me, the shooting. I have been a shooter fan since Doom 2, so bad shooting is very noticeable. I guess it wasn't the shooting directly, it was more the lack of strategy to the bad guys. There were times when a handful of baddies would come rushing at you with complete lack of strategy or worry for their well being. It was very frustrating and with a mediocre shooting mechanic it made extremely infuriating. Shooting aside it was a pretty awesome game.

I did really enjoy the game, but because I am a trophy whore I tried to get as many trophies as possible so a game I am pretty sure I could have taken closer to 25 hours, but that is my cross to bear. There was a point in the game where I kind of lost interest in the story and it started to feel very video gamey. But as I said before overall the game was really good. I enjoyed the characters and the character development. I really enjoyed the story. And all in all I loved the game. I found some flaws but they are forgivable. I am not sure I will buy the new Mass Effect 3 day one but I will probably grab it on sale somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment