Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dwight Spin Off


A friend sent this link to me and I thought it was noteworthy. Apparently NBC is going to do a spin off show of "The Office" focused solely on the character of Dwight (Yahoo Full Story) and his Cousin Mose.
I don't want to judge before I see the final product, but this seems like a terrible idea. When I first read this story all I could think of were the miserable spinoffs of "Scrubs" and "Friends". Honestly how many people enjoyed "Joey"? The answer, "NO ONE". Don't get me wrong, I love the office and if any character that has a chance at their own show, Dwight is definitely the best pick, I mean hell he has his own story outside of the office, he has a funny side kick, and a great quirky personality, but he is only one small element of this amazing comedy collaboration. Is Jim funny? Yes of course, but do I want to see him at home pulling pranks on his Daughter? No. That same theory goes for anyone one character from that show, they are all amazing, they are all hilarious in their own ways, but I don't know if want to see a show focused on single character.

I guess when it comes down to it I will most likely watch the show, but with this season already be a little hit or miss, I really find it hard to believe that show will last past season 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment