Saturday, January 28, 2012

Beer: Lazy Boy Porter

The other day I was driving down I-5 and I saw a Lazy Boy Brewery truck drive by. At this point I realized that they were a local brewery and thought it was a shame that I had never tried it before. So here is a quick review. I bought the beer at my favorite store in Federal Way 99 bottles. The price was fair $6.00 (approx.) for a pint bottle. I love dark beers, so I grabbed the porter. First impression, beautiful color and great smell. I gave it a try and it wasn't bad, my big problem was the small after taste that followed after every drink. I cant explain the taste, it was bitter and malty. Either way I didn't enjoy the first couple sips. I kept drinking hoping the taste would become something I enjoyed. Truth is even by the half way point of the bottle I decided it was not for me, don't get me wrong I'm not a monster and I finished that pint.

Conclusion: My first impression was my final impression, the beginning taste isn't too bad, but there is a weird after taste I did not care for. This beer is probably amazing, just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment