Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back and Better

Hey Guys,

In 2007-ish I had a dream to start blogging. I have always been an opinionated person and loved getting my thoughts out there into the world. I started a blog that was a little more then crazy rantings, well actually they were just mostly movie and comic book reviews, but they were really crazy. One day I made a huge mistake and wrote something horribly inappropriate about my past, than current job. It got back to the wrong person and I nearly got fired, because of this I decided not to blog anymore. About a year ago I decided I really wanted to be in video game journalism, I would write a blog post have my girlfriend review it and go from there. That fell flat pretty quickly because I couldn't keep up with news articles and I was basically re-reporting on and already posted articles with my own opinion added to it (plus there are like a million little video game blogs). With 2.5 (one dynamite/green hornet attempt) failed blogs and too much free time and thoughts I decided to give it one more crack. The problem was I started at a terrible time, I was moving, it was the holidays, and life fought back. Now I am officially moved into my new place. I am living with my girlfriend again, and I couldn't be happier.

With all that being said. I have a goal to start posting at least 2-3 times a week. This will be very healthy for me... at this point in my life I have left ideas of becoming a famous online journalist behind and have decided to do this for me. I am going to start transitioning away form facebook, focusing more on twitter and blogging. Since I am doing this for me I am not as concerned rather or not some one else even reads these posts, if that happens awesome, but it is no longer my goal. I mean if I get a lot of followers that would be great, its just not as important as it use to be. I am realistic, there are a million blogs and podcasts in the world, I am just one person with an opinion and a love for nerdy things. If you follow me I will love it, but if you read one post and walk away, that is cool too.
As a final note, if certain things happen I will be willing to do more with the site.

- If I get 25-50 followers I will post 5-7 times a week
- 100 followers I will seek out friends to help blog on site so more posts more often and different opinions.
- 100+ followers maybe a podcasts could be in the works
- I attend PAX and ECCC every year an would be willing to do a meet up

What else does the future hold, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment